[PW] ? Kavanagh-Related Quotations (Quotation Query #801)

T.F. Mills phasco at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 13:33:21 PDT 2018

[Sen Amy] KLOBUCHAR: So you're saying there's never been a case where you drank so
much that you didn't remember what happened the night before, or part of what happened.
[Judge Brett] KAVANAUGH: It's - you're asking about, you know, blackout. I don't know.
Have you?
KLOBUCHAR: Could you answer the question, Judge? I just - so you - that's not
happened. Is that your answer?
KAVANAUGH: Yeah, and I'm curious if you have.
KLOBUCHAR: I have no drinking problem, Judge.
KAVANAUGH: Yeah, nor do I.

See:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/politics/amy-klobuchar-brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court/inde
x.html
where CNN's Chris Cilliza rates this awkward exchange (27 Sep 2018) as one of the most
significant moments in the hearings.  Facial expressions, pauses, and intonation are part and
parcel of the not-very-spectacular "quotations" -- probably the elements that make this
moment quote-worthy and memorable.  (And it's not over yet...)

T.F. Mills
(Colorado, USA)