[PW] Info re Major Arthur Glyn Leonard

T.F. Mills phasco at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 5 15:43:56 PDT 2018

On 31 Aug 2018 at 17:55, Karen Lofstrom wrote:

> I have saved the info and done nothing to transfer it to Wikipedia.

Time flies!  I thought that name sounded familiar, and then I remembered it was a PW
question in 2011.  Unfortunately no longer in the PW archives.  Does anybody know when
and if pre-2015 archives will be restored?  (Does anybody pay attention anymore, or is the
old Stumpers culture a lost cause? And I am not even refering to the restoration of
Concordia-era archives, which I know is a legal lost cause.)

> Thoudh I have snuck some original research into the wiki :) I wrote the
> article on Tonga based on my dissertation research and no one has noticed
> or complained :) Perhaps that would be the case here.

Wikipedia's rules are probably more honoured in the breach, for good and bad.  W's
definition of "original research" is a bit bizarre, and I long had the impression that W police
don't actually understand it or the concept as more generally accepted in academia.  I wrote
quite a few original W articles many years ago, and nobody ever noticed.  I was more
interested in testing their degradation over time, but that didn't happen as widely as I
expected, probably because they were too obscure.

T.F. Mills
(Colorado, USA)