[PW] need a favor from someone with the Chicago Defender database

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Aug 27 17:10:16 PDT 2018

Searches for Shortridge and Manual (with "salem tutt whitney," which is how he was credited) did not produce anything useful.  A search for Indianapolis produced many hits.  The most promising of these was a column from May 3, 1930, captioned "Reminiscence," but it's more name-dropping than actual autobiographical information.

John Baker

From: Project-wombat [mailto:project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org] On Behalf Of Donna Halper
Sent: Monday 27 August 2018 7:18 PM
To: list at project-wombat.org
Subject: Re: [PW] need a favor from someone with the Chicago Defender database

External Email - Think Before You Click

On 8/27/2018 6:21 PM, Baker, John wrote:
> Is it possible to narrow this down a bit? It looks like Salem Tutt Whitney had 146 articles in the Chicago Defender just in the 1927 - 1929 period.

I'm trying to find out where he went to school. I see some sources that
say Shortridge High School and others that say Manual Training School,
both in Indianapolis.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies

list at project-wombat.org
http://www.project-wombat.org/<http://www.project-wombat.org/>