[PW] Quote: When we are tired, we are attacked by ideas we conquered long ago. Nietzsche?

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Aug 27 11:46:41 PDT 2018

On 8/27/2018 2:09 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole wrote:
> The quotation in the subject line is attributed to Nietzsche, and I
> haven't made much progress determining its provenance.

Interesting that most of the US newspaper quotes I could find are from
the 1950s and 1960s.  For those seeking it in German, I did find a
version of it on a blog, where the quote was expressed in German as
"Wenn wir müde sind, stürmen Gedanken auf uns ein, die wir längst
erobert haben." But while the blogger attributed it to Nietzsche, there
was no explanation of where the quote came from.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies