[PW] Antique hand-powered tool question

Nichael Cramer nichael at sover.net
Mon Aug 27 09:57:03 PDT 2018

Dear Source of All Knowledge

An antique-tool I list I hang out on has a bit of a stumper.
Below is list of pictures that has posing a bit of a mystery.

They show an assortment of pictures of a hand-powered tool of some variety.
The basic machine uses a dual-hand-powered crank, which
spins a set of seven wooden balls (two of the balls have
been broken off; one of the other balls has been replaced).

http://www.edoii.com/auction/whatsit/img_0827.jpg
http://www.edoii.com/auction/whatsit/img_0828.jpg
http://www.edoii.com/auction/whatsit/img_0829.jpg
http://www.edoii.com/auction/whatsit/img_0830.jpg
http://www.edoii.com/auction/whatsit/img_0831.jpg
http://www.edoii.com/auction/whatsit/img_0832.jpg

Anyway, I thought I'd turn to the Font of All Wisdom
to see if (yet again) it could help with such an indentification.

(Also, to save some time, I'll just mention that a fair
amount of "maybe-it's-a-XYZ" speculation has already
taken place.  So, I'd request that folks respond only if
they A] can provide a specific identification of the
gadget or B] can recommend a source that has a reasonable
chance of providing useful information.)

Thanks much,

.

--
Nichael Cramer