[PW] Embassy Pictures Incorporation Date

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:11:16 PDT 2018

I have a patron who wants to know the earliest date for incorporation of
Embassy Pictures.  He thought it was in New York and I did find one there,
but it was a later date-- I don't remember now what it was.  I can find
references to it being incorporated in the early 1940s and even a date of
1942 (www.closinglogos.com, wikipedia) but in both cases there is not an
exact date nor place of incorporation. The company had its first successes,
apparently, in the 1950s when it distributed a version of Godzilla,
Hercules, and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.  It underwent a number of
names changes and mergers, but I can't find the original date or place.

We don't have a subscription to IMDB, which might have it (or so the
searches tease.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jeanne

--