[PW] Request article in Redbook circa 1945

Graf, Jeffrey C jcgraf at indiana.edu
Thu Jul 19 05:42:21 PDT 2018

Hello,

The item appear in:

Title Do You Agree?
Author Newton, Howard W
Publication title Redbook; New York
Volume 87
Issue 4
Pages 50
Number of pages 1
Publication year 1946
Publication date Aug 1946

I do have a pdf if you want it.

Regards,

Jeff Graf

-----Original Message-----
From: Project-wombat <project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org> On Behalf Of ADSGarson O'Toole
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:09 AM
To: list at project-wombat.org
Subject: [PW] Request article in Redbook circa 1945

A crossword puzzle maker asked me to explore a saying attributed to Newton, and I responded by creating the following entry for the Quote Investigator website:

Tact Is the Knack of Making a Point Without Making an Enemy https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/07/18/tact/

Perhaps a W0mbat would be willing to help follow a lead. Apparently, the following instance of the expression appeared circa 1945 in "Redbook" which is part of the ProQuest Women's Magazine Archive:

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.
Howard W. Newton

The goal is to obtain a PDF and complete and accurate information for a citation. Thanks.

Garson O'Toole
QuoteInvestigator.com
list at project-wombat.org