[PW] Request article in Redbook circa 1945

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:08:54 PDT 2018

A crossword puzzle maker asked me to explore a saying attributed to
Newton, and I responded by creating the following entry for the Quote
Investigator website:

Tact Is the Knack of Making a Point Without Making an Enemy
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/07/18/tact/

Perhaps a W0mbat would be willing to help follow a lead. Apparently,
the following instance of the expression appeared circa 1945 in
"Redbook" which is part of the ProQuest Women's Magazine Archive:

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.
Howard W. Newton

The goal is to obtain a PDF and complete and accurate information for
a citation. Thanks.

Garson O'Toole
QuoteInvestigator.com