[PW] Arthur C. Clarke Award
foxbrick at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 15:21:36 PDT 2018
The winner of the Arthur C. Clarke Award for best science fiction novel published in 2017 has been announced:
- WINNER: Dreams Before the Start of Time, Anne Charnock (47North)
- Sea of Rust, C. Robert Cargill (Gollancz)
- American War, Omar El Akkad (Picador)
- Spaceman of Bohemia, Jaroslav Kalfař (Sceptre)
- Gather the Daughters, Jennie Melamed (Tinder Press)
- Borne, Jeff VanderMeer (4th Estate)
This year’s judges were Charles Christian, Dave Hutchinson, Paul March-Russell, Kari Maund, and Gaie Sebold. Andrew M. Butler served in a non-voting role as chair of the judges. Tom Hunter was awards director. The winning title was announced at a public award ceremony, held in partnership with Foyles Bookshop, in London on July 18, 2018. Charnock was presented with a check for £2,018 and a commemorative engraved bookend.
For more information on all the nominated titles, see our previous shortlist report.
forward by Todd Masonhttp://socialistjazz.blogspot.com/2018/07/getting-around-saturday-music-club-on.html
More information about the Project-Wombat-Open