[PW] Scotland

WOODRUFF, KEVIN kwoodruff3540 at bryan.edu
Thu Jul 12 05:05:02 PDT 2018

Rita:

I think it was from his book Lucky Poet published in 1943

MacDiarmid, Hugh. *Lucky Poet; A Self-Study in Literature and Political
Ideas, Being the Autobiography of Hugh Macdiarmid (Christopher Murray
Grieve)*. London: Methuen, 1943.

Kevin

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:54 AM, Rita Marcella (ccb) <r.c.marcella at rgu.ac.uk
> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Can anyone help with this query? I'm looking for the date and citation for
> the first publication of the poem Scotland by Hugh MacDiarmid. If it was
> only published retrospectively in an anthology the details of that would be
> helpful but it would be great to know roughly when it was originally
> written. I don't have access to the two volumes of anthology that comprise
> all of his work where I imagine the answer could be found but I hope one of
> you does.
>
> With thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
>
> Rita Marcella
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> ________________________________
>
> Robert Gordon University has been awarded a TEF Gold award for the quality
> of its undergraduate teaching and learning, placing it in the top 20% of
> Universities in the UK
>

> Robert Gordon University, a Scottish charity registered under charity
> number SC 013781.

> attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Please note that any views
> or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do
> not necessarily represent those of Robert Gordon University. Thank you.

*Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div., M.S.I.S. *
Special Collections and Special Projects Librarian/Instructor in Christian
Studies
Bryan College Library
Box 7793
Bryan College