[PW] ?Song Query?

Lesley K klesleyk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:14:16 PDT 2018

I searched Lyrics.com using "Oh Oh" and "Comma" (also "c'mon",
"come-a" and "come on")  I got tens of thousands of hits, but a quick
eyeballing of the first ten pages or so yields:

Best matches from Lyric.com:
"Old Money" by Lana del Ray (2014)
"Hummer" by Foals (2007)
"Strut" by the Cheetah Girls (2007)
"Everything's Not Lost" by Coldplay (2001)
"Untouchable" by Taylor Swift (2008)
"When we Die" by Boiling for Soup (2007)
"Vida en la Noche" by Daddy Yankee (2010)
"Hummingbird" by Imaginary Cities (2012)
"Told Me" by Toni Estes (2000)
There are also many many covers of "Montego Bay" and "I Got The
Feeling" which might fit.

None of these seem to be in your time frame. The only ones that do are

"A Sort of Homecoming" by U2 (1985)
"I'm on Fire" by Loudness (1981)
"Could it Be Magic" by Barry Manilow (1981)

which aren't a very good match.

Searching "oh oh" and "comma comma" by themselves yields:

"Oh oh oh [etc.]" lyrics that fit the time frame:
"Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora
"The Right Stuff" by New Kids on the Block
"Things Can Only Get Better" by Howard Jones
"Where Is My Mind?" by the Pixies
"Zombie Nation" by Kernkraft 400

"Comma comma" (or similar) lyrics that fit the time frame:
"Lady Luck" by Lloyd Price
"Little Shop of Horrors" main theme
"Mona" by the Beach Boys

If it's really driving you bonkers, you can do a deeper dive.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Susie Thurman <CAPress at twc.com> wrote:
> Did I read somewhere that Siri can be useful in identifying songs sung for her/it? Just a thought. -- Susie

-- Lesley Knieriem
   Rogers Public Library
   Rogers AR

Nunc adeamus bibliothecam, non illam quidem multis instructam libris,
sed exquisitis. -- Erasmus