[PW] help a patron find a children's book

Meredith Dixon dixonm at pobox.com
Tue May 22 05:28:28 PDT 2018

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Barbara Begin Campbell
<barbcamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas about this children's book?
>
> "I have been trying to remember the title of a picture book about an
> elderly grandfather speaking with his grandson about how aging and growing
> up are a lot alike. I remember reading it a long time ago, and I believe a
> repeated line in the book is "That happens to me, too."

It's not a picture book, unless it has been made into one, but the
description reminds me of:

The Little Boy and the Old Man
Shel Silverstein

Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the old man, "I do that too."
The little boy whispered, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," laughed the little old man.
Said the little boy, "I often cry."
The old man nodded, "So do I."
"But worst of all," said the boy, "it seems
Grown-ups don't pay attention to me."
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean," said the little old man.

--
Meredith Dixon <dixonm at pobox.com>