[PW] help with eternal now quote

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:43:05 PDT 2018

The Google Books database has the following partial match. The topic
seems to be listening to a mantra and not music.

Year: 1977
Title: The Essence of Alan Watts
Author: Alan Watts
Publisher: Celestial Arts, 1977
Database: Google Books snippet match; data may be inaccurate and
should be verified with hardcopy

[Begin excerpt; GB page 56]
You will become completely absorbed in the sound and find yourself
living in an eternal now in which there is no past and there is no
future, and there is not difference between what you are as knower and
what you are as the known, between yourself and the world of nature
outside you.
[End excerpt]

Here is a different page of the book with a partial match about dance and music.

[Begin excerpt; GB page 47]
When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music
the playing itself is the point. And exactly the same thing is true in
meditation. Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is
always arrived at in the immediate moment.
[End excerpt]

Garson