[PW] ?Ancient Jewish Writings: Seeking English Full Text Translations of Several References?

WOODRUFF, KEVIN kwoodruff3540 at bryan.edu
Thu May 10 13:14:27 PDT 2018

Sam:

For the  Mekilta Shirah 14, 16c, the English translation would be in this
book:

Lauterbach, Jacob Z. (1961) [First published 1933], *Mekilta de-Rabbi
Ishmael: A Critical Edition on the Basis of the Manuscripts and Early
Editions with an English Translation, Introduction, and Notes*,
Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society.

Kevin

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Sam Shipley <sams at dcpl.info> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm turning to good old PW for help on an unusual reference question.
> I have a patron who is doing some research in ancient Jewish writings;
> He needs leads to English full text sources of the references specified in
> the Jewish writings listed below:
>

> *Aseret ha-Dibrot 65; comp. vol. II, pp.214-215
>
> *Midrash Tannaim 190_i9i_
>
> *Pkah 3, 133 (Also, what does Pkah stand for?)
>
> *Mekilta Shirah 14, 16c
>
> *Zawwaat Naphtali (especially the end; second version, 12-14)
>

> Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.
>
> Sam Shipley
> Reference Librarian
> Dodge City Public Library
> Dodge City, Kansas
> sams at dcpl.info<mailto:sams at dcpl.info>
> (620) 225-0248

*Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div., M.S.I.S. *
Special Collections and Special Projects Librarian/Instructor in Christian
Studies
Bryan College Library
Box 7793
Bryan College