[PW] ? Joan of Arc Quote (Quotation Query #791)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Dec 22 20:24:43 PST 2017

Except for a few letters signed "Jehanne", the only authentic report of
anything said by Joan is the Latin transcript of her trial, at which she
was called as a witness.  Here are citations for the English and French
translations:

   - *The trial of Joan of Arc : being the verbatim report of the
   proceedings from the Orleans manuscript*. trans. Scot, W.S. London:
   Folio Society. 1956. OCLC <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCLC> 1182797
   <https://www.worldcat.org/oclc/1182797>.
   - *Le procès de condamnation et le procès de réhabilitation de Jeanne
   d'Arc. L'histoire en appel*. trans. Oursel, Raymond. Paris: Éditions
   Denoël. 1959. OCLC <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCLC> 1823703
   <https://www.worldcat.org/oclc/1823703>.