[PW] Children's book ID

Gillian Wiseman gillianw at wacotx.gov
Mon Nov 20 11:43:51 PST 2017

It definitely is not Book of Three; but there IS a scene in one of Lloyd Alexander's stories (it may be a story in a collection) where Dalben the wizard, as a boy, gains his knowledge in a similar situation, with a splash of liquid he licks from his hand. But there's no classroom involved!

When did the patron read the book? Was it new then? Was it set in the US or England or somewhere else?