[PW] about Mark Twain and Frank Nelson Doubleday ...

PETER BLAU blau7103 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 20:03:11 PDT 2017

He told me, among other things, that he had a perfect recipe for making a modern American publisher. "Take an idiot man from a lunatic asylum and marry him to an idiot woman, and the fourth generation of this connection should be a good publisher from the American point of view."  A Few Indiscreet Recollections: Privately Printed, Not Published, for Indulgent Relatives. Written in 1926. Edition Limited to Fifty-Seven Copies.  December 1928, p.16.

Peter E. Blau
7103 Endicott Court
Bethesda, MD 20817-4401
(301-229-5669)