[PW] It's not Ohm, it's not Maxwell, it's not Kirchhoff (I think!)

Robert robert.verde at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 11:18:24 PDT 2017

Eoin;

I'm pretty sure the vacuum cleaner power cord is heating up either way, but
if it's coiled the heat doesn't dissipate as readily.  Cords will heat up
if they're drawing more amps than they're rated for - undersized power
cords are common in household appliances that only see intermittent use.

One search result for "heat dissipation" leads to a discussion of
thermodynamics on Wikipedia, and this paragraph;

""The conversion of mechanical energy into heat is called energy
dissipation." – *François Roddier*[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissipation#cite_note-1> The term is also
applied to the loss of energy due to generation of unwanted heat in
electric and electronic circuits."

The footnote is a link to; "Roddier F., *Thermodynamique de l'évolution
(The Thermodynamics of Evolution)*, parole éditions, 2012
<http://www.editions-parole.net/?product=thermodynamique-de-levolution-un-essai-de-thermo-bio-sociologie>
"

http://www.editions-parole.net/?product=thermodynamique-de-levolution-un-essai-de-thermo-bio-sociologie

Regards,