[PW] It's not Ohm, it's not Maxwell, it's not Kirchhoff (I think!)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Oct 30 07:02:04 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 9:16 AM, brian whatcott <betwys1 at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Convection is the dominant thermal loss mechanism which is reduced when
> the cable is coiled.

Convection hot-water heaters are normally coiled, as are steam and
hot-water floor radiators (which work mostly by convection, despite their
names).  Why would coiling reduce convection in the cable?

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because,
I believe everyone will die someday.
               --From a Nigerian-type scam spam