[PW] It's not Ohm, it's not Maxwell, it's not Kirchhoff (I think!)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Oct 30 06:11:48 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Eoin C Bairéad <ebairead at gmail.com> wrote:

whose is the law that says my vacuum cleaner cable will heat up if I don't
> unwind it before use?

I'm not sure.  If the cable is still wrapped around the vacuum, then it's
Fourier's law of heat conduction.  If not, then it may be induction
heating, which as far as I know is not a named law.

If a traveler were informed that such a man [as Lord John Russell] was
leader of the House of Commons, he may well begin to comprehend how the
Egyptians worshiped an insect.  --Benjamin Disraeli