[PW] Saying: A disordered desk was a sign of genius. (Request help accessing 1947 and 1950 "Typo Graphic")

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Sun Sep 24 07:41:06 PDT 2017

Garson et al:

I think I've requested the three volumes be pulled from U of MN
library storage facility and held for me, so will report back when
that happens and I have a chance to view them (and, hopably, photocopy
any relevant hit).

I say "I think" because since my retirement four years ago, the
library system has "improved" their catalog to the point where I have
a terrible time finding anything, or, in this case, figuring out how
to request a storage volume, or, again in this case, having requested
one such, figuring out how to "go back" to request another volume from
the same set without logging off and starting all over again.  (I
think I finally managed it, and maybe it qualifies as "intuitively
obvious" for somebody, but that somebody is not me.)

Mostly these days if I have to find a record I expect to be in the
library, I go to WorldCat, find it there, bring up the holding
libraries page, and click on the U of MN line therein to let WorldCat
do the work for me.  Better it than me.

****************
Though even WorldCat nods.  Earlier this morning I was trying to find
holding libraries of a 1925 UK book, and could bring up the basic
record but kept getting an "error" message (one I'd never seen before)
when I tried to bring up the associated list of 38 holding libraries.
Has anyone else had a comparable problem lately (or ever) with
displaying such in WCat?

 Title: Memories and reflections
Author: Troubridge, Laura
Accession Number: 1026817

Error formatting records from WorldCat

Dennis Lien, old and befuddled former U of MN reference librarian //
d-lien at umn.edu