[PW] ? Quotes from 21st-Century Popular Music (Quotation Query #783)

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Tue Sep 19 08:41:03 PDT 2017

On 9/19/2017 2:28 AM, T.F. Mills wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2017 at 1:53, Shapiro, Fred wrote:
>
>> I would welcome any suggestions of famous quotations from
>> these songs (in some cases the song title may be the famous quote), or
>> for that matter from other 21st-century songs.

And the line containing the sub-title of Beyoncé song "Single Ladies"
has been widely quoted in pop culture:  "If you liked it, then you
should have put a ring on it."  And a line from the chorus of Imagine
Dragons' Radioactive has been in some memes and commercials, as I
recall:  "Welcome to the new age, to the new age..."