[PW] ? Alfred Hitchcock Quotation (Quotation Query #782)

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Thu Sep 7 21:21:13 PDT 2017

On 9/7/2017 11:36 PM, Barbara Schmidt wrote:
> I did a Google Advanced Books search for the phrase "human bladder" plus
> the word "endurance" published between 1950-1980.  There are a couple of
> hits which indicate Hitchcock was quoting Bernard Shaw.  These are in
> snippet views only.  The one from TAKE ONE: THE CANADIAN FILM MAGAZINE,
> Vol. 1 (1967) appears to be an interview.

Fred, and Barb:  I find Hitchcock quoting George Bernard Shaw, and
saying Shaw was indeed the source of the "endurance of the human
bladder" quip, back in 1963.  I can send the column along, but it's from
"Behind the Mike," by Francis Murphy, Portland Oregonian 22 November
1963, on the Newsbank/Genealogybank database.