[PW] tipped in/on newspapers

David Haynes davhaynes at juno.com
Tue Aug 29 10:00:04 PDT 2017

Garson,

A week or so ago you kindly send me a note detailing three newspaper references to tipped-on photos that you found on newspapers.com. I assumed that I could easily find a way to access this resource, but as is often the case my assumption was incorrect. I hate to bother you, but I would appreciate it very much if, in your ample spare time, you could take a look at the following and let me know if the rest of the article makes it clear that it is talking about London. I had assumed, there I go again, that the article was talking about Detroit, but I am assured by my Detroit correspondents that such is not the case. Thanks again for your good help on my little project. Best, David

Here is an example in 1881 of a photograph pasted as the frontispiece
of a magazine in 1881.