[PW] ? Truman-Related Information (Quotation Query #781)

Teresa Imfeld timfeld at warren-wilson.edu
Mon Aug 28 06:46:12 PDT 2017

Barb:

I would caution that he still may have had another "primary" profession
besides being a judge.  For instance, my father was a municipal court judge
in Ohio and also carried the title of "Honorable," but his primary
profession was as an attorney, since his duties as a judge only took up 1
to 1 1/2 days per week.  I don't know if they would really mention this in
an obituary, and for quite a while judges were not permitted to advertise
their services--at least in Ohio--so looking for any advertisements is
out.  But a phone directory from the era might answer whether he also had a
law practice, as listing the number was not considered advertising, or
perhaps there is a way to verify what the Judge's court schedule looked
like to determine if this was a full or part-time position for him in
Kansas City.

all the best,
Teresa