[PW] The photo of Sylvia Plath that inspired Ted Hughes's poem "Fulbright scholars"

Petter Næss petter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 20:53:55 PDT 2017

The search focuses on the Evening Standard because of Plath's diary entry, in which she specifies that a photo was taken by a photographer from the Standard, but indeed, there could have been additional photos from the arrival by other photographers.  The U.Ark archives have been unable to find anything, but IIE is an excellent suggestion, I will follow up with them, and also with the us state department archives (I assume such photos would have been of PR interest to IIE and others invested in the program even before publication of the poem)  Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone