[PW] Singer Sewing Machines

Lonn Taylor taylorw at fortdavis.net
Wed Aug 2 09:41:38 PDT 2017

Colleen,

The kind of information you are seeking would most likely be found in
Singer's trade catalogues.

I'm not sure where you live, but both the Winterthur Library and the Hagley
Library have large collections of trade catalogues. They are both located
near Wilmington, Delaware. The National Musemu of American History in
Washington, D.C. also has a large collection.

There is a book by Grace Rogers Cooper called The Sewing Machine: Its
Invention and Development, published by the Smithsonian Institution Press
in 1976 that might be helpful, especially the bibliography,

Good luck with your search!

Lonn Taylor
Fort Davis, Texas