[PW] ? Catherine the Great Quote (Quotation Query #779)

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Jul 31 07:42:50 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Mike Hindin <mike.hindin at gmail.com> wrote:

She wasn't so "great" for Russian Jews

Essentially everyone called "the Great" is so named for their great
facility for oppression and slaughter, with the exception of a few popes,
the old Persian kings (for whom "Great King" was just part of their title),
and perhaps Casimir III of Poland (who was also good-for-the-Jews).

Wer es in kleinen Dingen mit der Wahrheit nicht ernst nimmt, dem kann
man auch in grossen Dingen nicht vertrauen.  --Albert Einstein on honesty