[PW] She Stoops to Conquer, or The Mistakes of the Night

Brett Spencer legolasbow1212 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:23:35 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I am helping our theater program try to purchase a video copy of the play
She Stoops To Conquer:

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/44b9f219c61944beb7086ae7b0151281

The OCLC number is 17370955 and the record is:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/she-stoops-to-conquer-or-the-mistakes-of-the-night/oclc/17370955&referer=brief_results

This was a recording of a play broadcast in the 1970s.  The BBC, PBS, and
Time-Life Multimedia were apparently involved in the production, and I have
contacted all of the places but none can locate it.

There are a newer versions of it, but we are hoping to find the 1970s BBC
version that featured Tom Courtenay.

I've tried Google, the Internet Archives, Kanopy, Swank, WorldCat, YouTube,
Amazon, ebay.

We have tried Interlibrary Loan, but no library was willing to lend us a
copy.

Would anyone have suggestions on where we could purchase a copy with
institutional rights?

Best Wishes,
Brett Spencer
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Office 108
P.O. Box 7009
Thun Library and the Boscov-Lakin Information Commons
Penn State Berks
Reading, PA 19610
Phone: (610) 396-6261 <callto:%28610%29%20396-6261>
Email: dbs21 at psu.edu