[PW] Request help Newsweek ProQuest for Frank Lloyd Wright quotation

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sun May 7 15:24:54 PDT 2017

Thanks for your responses Donna, Barb, and Sue.

ProQuest databases are difficult to access especially for independent
scholars. Some are only available through a limited number of
libraries, apparently.

Some of the ProQuest databases are searchable, but obtaining a single
article may cost $5.95 (Atlanta Constitution); or you may have to
purchase a 24-hour pass for £7.95 (The Guardian and Observer); or you
may be required to pay $60 a month (Variety).

Here is a link to some searchable ProQuest databases.
http://www.pqarchiver.com/titles.html

If necessary I will drive 30 mins to a library that has volume 45 of
Newsweek on microfilm. Since the date is unknown I will systematically
examine page 98 (and nearby pages) of every issue looking for the
quotation. There are probably 26 issues in the volume. I've performed
tasks like this many times.

Yet, if someone has access to the Newsweek archive then the search can
be accomplished in just a moment. It would be nice.

Garson