[PW] ? "Nothing Tastes as Good" Quote (Quotation Query #773)

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Sat May 6 08:58:48 PDT 2017

On 5/6/2017 11:41 AM, Barbara Schmidt wrote:
> The earliest I have found is a newspaper ad from March 8, 1990 for
> NutraLife weight loss program.

Evidently, it was an advertising slogan commonly used by weight-loss
programs.  I found an ad from a _five years earlier_ (29 May 1985) from
the Family Weight Loss Centers in Wisconsin-- "nothing tastes as good as
thin feels."  Using the Newspapers.com database, I found a pattern of
these slogans appearing for various weight-loss locations in the upper
mid-west in the mid-1980s.  But I didn't find it any earlier than 1985.

Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication and Media Studies
Lesley University, Cambridge MA