[PW] question: Dante quote?

S M Colowick colowick at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 11:46:26 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Welsh, Donald J <djwels at wm.edu> wrote:
> The following quote is widely attributed to Dante by a number of worthless web sites:
>
> "The secret of getting things done is to act"
>
> I am seeking the source.   I checked a number of books of quotations and some books on Dante but no luck.   I thought I would throw it out there in case anyone else every looked for this.

I don't know about Dante, but this sentence appears in the 1960 book
Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude by Napoleon Hill and W.
Clement Stone (in Chapter Eight — The Secret of Getting Things Done).

https://archive.org/stream/SuccessThroughAPositiveMentalAttitude/success-through-a-positive-mental-attitude-w-clement-stone-napoleon-hill_djvu.txt