[PW] Garson O'Toole on NPR

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:43:19 PDT 2017

Thank you for the congratulations and for pointing to the NPR website.
The producers and the hosts put together a great short piece
discussing misquotations and the purpose of the book.

I also recently spoke to a journalist working for the VICE media
empire. A condensed transcription of the interview was published here:

Website: VICE
Article: All Your Favorite Famous Quotations Are Fake
Interviewer: Harry Cheadle
Date: April 3 2017
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/all-your-favorite-famous-quotations-are-fake

In March I spoke to a journalist at the Quartz website and an article
was published here:

Website: Quartz
Article: Like Donald Trump, you may be misattributing your favorite
quotes or proverbs
Author: Lila MacLellan
Date: March 17, 2017
https://qz.com/934226/gandhi-probably-never-said-that-profound-quote-you-love-to-share/

Back in February the website received a burst of publicity from the
New York Times, Vox, Huffington Post, Gizmodo, Washington Post, and
other news organizations. Here is a link to the New York Times
article:

Republicans Tweet, Then Delete, a Fake Lincoln Quote
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/us/politics/fake-abraham-lincoln-quote-gop.html

The goal of the pseudonym was to project a singular identity like the
newspaper columnists who used the pen names Ann Landers and Abigail
Van Buren.

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful research help you have provided.
Garson