[PW] ? Famous Quotations from Comic Strips (Quotation Query #768)

Michael J. Lowrey orangemike at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 21:01:18 PDT 2017

Mandrake the Magician:
(narration): "Mandrake gestures hypnotically"

Wimpy:
"I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today."

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
wrote:

> For the second edition of the Yale Book of Quotations, I would welcome
> suggestions of famous quotes from comic strips.  These could be one-off
> quotes or could be recurring catchphrases (like "leapin' lizards" from
> Little Orphan Annie).  I believe I already have the more famous lines from
> Peanuts and Pogo.
>

> Fred Shapiro

Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
clothes."
     --  Desiderius Erasmus