[PW] ? Famous Quotations from Comic Strips (Quotation Query #768)

Michael J. Lowrey orangemike at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 19:55:26 PDT 2017

Mammy Yokum:
"good is better'n evil becuz it's nicer"

Scrooge McDuck (when swimming in money):
“I like to dive around in it like a porpoise! And burrow through it like a
gopher! And toss it up and let it hit me on the head!”

Alfred E. Neuman:
"What, me worry?"

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
wrote:

> For the second edition of the Yale Book of Quotations, I would welcome
> suggestions of famous quotes from comic strips.  These could be one-off
> quotes or could be recurring catchphrases (like "leapin' lizards" from
> Little Orphan Annie).  I believe I already have the more famous lines from
> Peanuts and Pogo.
>

> Fred Shapiro

Michael J. "Orange Mike" Lowrey

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and
clothes."
     --  Desiderius Erasmus