[PW] ? Bat Masterson Quote (Quotation Query #766)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 13:02:58 PST 2017

After "The Pittsburgh Press" appearance an instance was printed in the
"Denver Rocky Mountain News" on February 13, 1898. "Judge" received
credit.

The joke appeared in "Judge's Library" in February 1900 which I
believe reprinted its material from "Judge". But I have not yet
located the appearance in "Judge" itself.

Date: February 1900
Periodical: Judge's Library: A Monthly Magazine of Fun
Number 131

https://books.google.com/books?id=bT4gAAAAMAAJ&q=%22unjust+world%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
EVERYTHING EQUAL

"This is not such an unjust world, after all, when you come to think
about it," said the old-young man. "Of course the rich people have ice
in summer, but don't the poor get it in winter?"
[End excerpt]

Garson