[PW] ? Bat Masterson Quote (Quotation Query #766)

Barbara Schmidt schmidtbrb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:20:16 PST 2017

Fred,

I don't think the sentiment is original to Masterson.  I found a Jan. 28,
1905 appearance in the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader of the rich/poor get ice
story via newspapers.com when I searched without Masterson in the search
terms.  This quip was attributed to Pat Sheedy.  I can send the clip to you
later today if you need it and nobody finds an earlier appearance.

Barb