[PW] the non-panhandle part of the state is called what?

Lois Aleta Fundis fundisl at weirton.lib.wv.us
Fri Feb 17 11:54:03 PST 2017

I've lived in West Virginia, which is blessed (or cursed?) with two of them
-- I live in the Northern Panhandle myself -- for 42 years, but have never
heard of a term for the part of the state that's not in a panhandle, not
even one specific to WV.

I also asked a coworker who has lived in this state, and in this panhandle,
all her life, and she hasn't heard of such a term either. So if there is
such a word, word of it never seems to have reached Appalachia.

Lois Fundis   fundisl at weirton.lib.wv.us
Reference Librarian, Mary H. Weir Public Library
3442 Main Street
Weirton, West Virginia  26062
A Selective Depository of the Federal Depository Library Program
A Funding Information Network Partner of the Foundation Center
A Weirton United Way Agency