[PW] the non-panhandle part of the state is called what?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Feb 17 11:19:12 PST 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 12:46 PM, anne rojas <anne.c.rojas at gmail.com> wrote:

When a state has a panhandle, what is the part of the state that's not the
> panhandle called?  Is there a word for it?

I've never heard it given a name.  Perhaps people living in the panhandle
might call it the pan, but those who don't probably exercise their
non-panhandler privilege and just blur the disttinction between the state
and the pan.

John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Why are well-meaning Westerners so concerned that the opening of a
Colonel Sanders in Beijing means the end of Chinese culture? [...]
We have had Chinese restaurants in America for over a century,
and it hasn't made us Chinese.  On the contrary, we obliged the Chinese
to invent chop suey.            --Marshall Sahlins

More information about the Project-Wombat-Open mailing list