[PW] Blue Light Children’s/YA Adventure Series

Olivia Howe oliviadianne at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:36:56 PST 2017

I am looking for a series of books that I read in the early 90s.  They are about a group of children who travel to another world and have adventures.  In one book, I recall that they opened and read out of a book which caused a blue light to surround them and keep them safe.  There is one part where  a girl walks across a canyon toward a man and he tells her to keep watching him or she will fall.  There is a building or tree that the children enter and it is much larger on the inside than the outside. In a later book in the series, I remember a man who had a map on his thigh, and a boy who ended up in a lake full of eels.  I also recall one of the characters becoming invisible and stuck in a stairwell.  I also recall one scene where the children were traveling through a forest and were told that they needed to stay awake but were struggling to do so.  The series seemed to have Christian undertones.

I have been searching for these books forever.  Any help would be much appreciated!  It is driving me crazy.