[PW] ? Peter Drucker Quotes (Quotation Query #713)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:41:55 PST 2017

Thanks for your response, Bob, which led me to search for additional
thematic matches and uncover the following barb aimed at education
administrators in 1907:

[ref] 1907 April 4, The Journal of Education, Woman School Teachers II
by William McAndrew (New York City), Start Page 372, Quote Page 372,
Column 2, New England Publishing Company, Boston, Massachusetts.
(Google Books Full View) link [/ref]

https://books.google.com/books?id=3yY4AQAAMAAJ&q=%22done+at+all%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
It is a worldwide complaint. Teaching was never so hard in the last
fifty years as now. Professor Giddings thinks it may be due to
"administration," which he defines as a "systematic way of doing
things that need not be done at all."
[End excerpt]

Professor Giddings might refer to pioneering sociologist Franklin H.
Giddings, but I have not yet found a solid link.

Garson