[PW] Searching for a quote source

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:07:23 PST 2017

Phyllis Bratton wrote:
> This is off the top of my head, because I don't have access
> to the source, but I believe that Jean Kerr in Please Don't
> Eat the Daisies did a parody of Kipling's IF poem, which
> expresses the same idea.  I am not sure that I have
> remembered her exact words, but here's the gist:
>
> Kipling: If you can keep your head when all about you
> Are losing theirs and blaming it on you
>
> Kerr: It's just possible that you have not entirely understood
> the situation

A comical addendum to the statement of Rudyard Kipling's poem "If" was
printed in an Iowa newspaper column in 1936. The column described
students and activities in the local school system together with bits
of humor.

[ref] 1936 December 17, The Lake Park News, The Little Sioux Warrior,
Quote Page 7, Column 2, Lake Park, Iowa. (Newspapers_com)[/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
If you can keep your head when everybody around you is losing his,
then it is very probable that you don't understand the situation.
[End except]

Garson