[PW] Searching for a quote source

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Thu Feb 2 08:43:15 PST 2017

On 2/2/2017 9:51 AM, Carolyn Haley wrote:
> Good morning--
>
> I'm seeking a source for this quote: "If you're not outraged, you
> haven't been paying attention."

Yes, this seems to be another quote attributed to just about everyone
(I'm expecting to see it attributed to Abraham Lincoln on some online
meme).  I find it a newspaper editorial from the Charleston (SC) Post
and Courier in 1993,  and in quoted lyrics, purportedly from Insane
Clown Posse, in 1999.  I also find related permutations like "If you're
not angry, then you should be," in opinion pieces about politics in the
early 1980s.