[PW] Searching for a quote source

Bratton, Phyllis pbratton at uj.edu
Thu Feb 2 08:12:21 PST 2017

This is off the top of my head, because I don't have access to the source, but I believe that Jean Kerr in Please Don't Eat the Daisies did a parody of Kipling's IF poem, which expresses the same idea.  I am not sure that I have remembered her exact words, but here's the gist:

Kipling: If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you

Kerr: It's just possible that you have not entirely understood the situation

For what it's worth ..

Phyllis