[PW] Angela Davis Quote?

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:19:06 PST 2017

Here are some results from a twitter search.

In February 2010 a person using the handle "Liz Graves" tweeted a
version of the saying without an acknowledgement.

[Begin tweet]
Liz Graves @lizgravespoland
No Longer Accepting the things I can not Change! I Am Changing the
Things I can not Accept!
9:00 PM - 22 Feb 2010
https://twitter.com/lizgravespoland/status/9502825635
[End tweet]

In May 2010, handle "John Tafaro" tweeted an instance without an
acknowledgement.

[Begin tweet]
John Tafaro @johnmix
Is No Longer Accepting the things I can not Change! I Am Changing the
Things I can not Accept!
7:02 AM - 31 May 2010
https://twitter.com/johnmix/status/15098233704
[End tweet]

Skipping past many tweets; handle "Ravry Sloan" ascribed the saying to
Angela Davis in February 2013.

[Begin tweet]
Ravry Sloan @ravrysloan
"I am no longer acceptings the things I cannot change...I am changing
the things I cannot accept!!" ~FREE ANGELA (Davis)
2:50 PM - 26 Feb 2013
https://twitter.com/ravrysloan/status/306476389618573312
[End tweet]

Searching twitter is difficult (for me). The standard and advanced
search engines seem to be a bit flaky, so I encourage others to look.
I have not yet tried to contact any of these tweeps to ask about
coinage.

A quick look in Google Books and Google Groups did not reveal any
earlier citations.
Garson