[PW] ? "Nobody Here But Us Chickens" (Quotation Query #760)

Tim Stewart timoteostewart1977 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:39:50 PST 2017

Here's a June 12, 1908, appearance under the heading "Talk of the Day."
Note the attribution to *Life*.

New York Tribune (NY, NY), June 12, 1908, page 6
URL (newspapers.com):
https://www.newspapers.com/image/88193334/?terms=%22nobody%22%2B%22us%2Bchickens%22

[begin excerpt]

Owner of the Coop---Who's in there?
Quick Witted Rastus (softly)---'Taint nobody in heah 'ceppin' us
chickens.---Life

[end excerpt]

Tim Stewart

Read excerpts from the forthcoming *Dictionary of Christianese
<http://www.dictionaryofchristianese.com/>*