[PW] ? "Nobody Here But Us Chickens" (Quotation Query #760)

Barbara Schmidt schmidtbrb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:26:08 PST 2017

I suspect the June 11, 1908 illustration in LIFE magazine may be the
earliest appearance.  I am unable to read the name of the illustrator for
that cartoon from the online scan.  I would be interested to see if anyone
has a better copy who might be able to identify the name of that artist
and then the opinions as to whether or not the illustrator originated the
idea or was simply illustrating some sort of joke that was popular at the
time -- something that was perhaps being acted out on the stage in black
face comedy.

Barb