[PW] Rock in Washington state deliver by Maine Governor?

S M Colowick colowick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:06:59 PST 2017

It could have been in Port Gamble, near the Hood Canal Bridge. The
settlers "planned the town to reflect the character of their hometown,
East Machias, Maine." (http://www.historylink.org/File/5505) I'm not
aware of a monument there like the one you saw, but you could try
contacting the Port Gamble Historic Museum:

http://www.portgamble.com/museum

They might know if there's something similar in a nearby town.