[PW] anyone have the database Historical Black Newspapers?

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Sun Jan 15 14:55:06 PST 2017

On 1/15/2017 5:41 PM, Janice Sellers wrote:
> Donna,
>
> In that case, if you want to abandon online resources and take a trip
> to the Boston Public Library, it has two African American newspapers,
> the Boston Chronicle (1939-1948) and Boston Guardian (1939-1957), on
> microfilm.  Not too far from Cambridge!

Indeed.  I went to Boston University and looked through some of the
Guardian, but never got to the Boston Public to look at the Chronicle in
time for the talk I'm giving tomorrow.  I plan to wander by the BPL
later this week though.  A great place to do research.  My issue is
about mobility lately-- I've had three surgeries in the past 2 and 1/2
years, and it's kind of limited my ability to get places, other than
just going to work.  Anyway, I was just curious if one of the historical
black newspapers had written about Mose Sisco.  I'll find out one of
these days! Thanks again for your assistance, Janice. You're the best!