[PW] anyone have the database Historical Black Newspapers?

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Sun Jan 15 14:34:25 PST 2017

On 1/15/2017 5:06 PM, Janice Sellers wrote:
> Donna,
>
> The Pittsburgh Courier, which functioned somewhat as a "national"
> black newspaper, is available free on the FultonHistory.com site for
> 1923-1987.  The site is not the most user-friendly in the world.  It's
> also set up so I can't give you a direct URL for a page, so here are
> navigating directions:

And much of the Pittsburgh Courier is online via Newspapers.com (not
free, but not terribly expensive either).  I did check it, and found he
was not well-known enough outside of greater Boston to merit an obit...
Thanks for all the info, Janice.  And if I can ever look up something
for you on the Courier, let me  know!